If you are heading to improving SEO performance on Google, The Best SEO Company in Singapore recommends you had a look at the below article to build deep understanding about the two most powerful algorithm: Panda and Penguin. After figuring out how they are different from each other, you may know what your business need at the current time.
Panda was first launched in early 2011 and rolled over totally 24 times until now. Small and big changes have been applied to make it work better for Internet user’s benefit. However, it seems like people are getting tired with these changes. The question is, is your product finished now? I’m fed up with believing it’s complete although it’s not then.
Meanwhile, Google introduced Penguin in April, 2012. It has been more than 3 years and Penguin has just been updated 4 times. However, believe it or not, you should pay attention to every step that Panda and Penguin take to catch up updates and improve your ranking on the Search Engine.
Both Panda and Penguin aim to ensure high quality of website content for interest of Internet users. However, each of them has its own way to implement changes. Moreover, they encourage webmasters to stay focus on developing truly helpful websites for their customers instead of paying attention to improving ranking on Google.
Panda cares about what is written on the website. It means, it will penalize your website if some of these below cases happen:
- You play tricks to get more traffic to your website such as duplicating content or keywords stuffing
- The content in your website is not really trustworthy.
- The area of commercial advertisement overwhelm customers area, which causes their inconvenient
- Your website is not well-developed. This includes low-paced navigation or bad structure.
Below are some questions that webmasters should consider as visitors to understand more about Google Panda:
- Could you trust the information presented in the article?
- Does the site have duplicate, overlapping, or redundant articles on the same or similar topics with slightly different keyword variations?
- Does the page provide substantial value when compared to other pages in search results?
- Does the article describe both sides of a story?
- Does this article have an excessive amount of ads that distract from or interfere with the main content?
Penguin, on the other hand, is an algorithm targeting to technical tactics. It will bring down websites that violate Google Webmaster’s Guidelines using Black Hat SEO techniques. However, unless spammed for too much keyword usage on the entire, Penguin doesn’t damage the entire site.
Take an example of Penguin 2.1. Along with the rest of Google’s updates, Google Penguin 2.1 has made tiered link building much harder. You need to really be careful to stay under the radar and not be identified as a link network. For instance, you need to use separate domain name registration information, different email addresses, different Google Analytics accounts. Even your web hosting is becoming a major SEO consideration.